u here too?[edit source]
It's been a few days now and the wiki requests (including mine) are still on hold.[edit source]
So, it's been a few days since WikiTide has put the wiki requests from users on hold, including my wiki, TVpedia, and as of today this still appears to be going. I am still waiting patiently for my wiki request to be accepted.
My wiki request, in this case, is TVpedia, which is making its official migration to this wiki platform after spending a few months on Miraheze. It will still be an encyclopedia featuring facts about TV shows (both good and bad), but will now utilize an 80s appearance for its aesthetic. The wiki will also use a new color palette: purple, orange and yellow, instead of the blue and green color palette it had during its time on Miraheze. ShawnTehLogoBoi (talk) 16:23, 20 June 2023 (UTC)
- I am not an operative of WikiTide at this time and I wasn't planning to be, although I am considering if I should take on a role temporarily to help setup for old time's sakes. If that happens I could probably tell you more. Otherwise: wiki creations are all on pause because everyone in a key position has been on a hiatus and are not ready to accept a large swathe of wikis yet. I can't promise a specific ETA on this unfortunately. Given what you describe however your wiki should be fine when the time for review comes. --Raidarr (talk) 12:45, 21 June 2023 (UTC)
Hello, how can I be a interface-admin here?, according to the information I looked at Wikipedia policy, only that group of users can edit CSS and JS files sitewide and from other users (apart from the user himself), but also they (along with sysop), can edit JSON files sitewide, from other users and also in the Mediawiki namespace, and while the Wikipedia special page agrees with the policy, this wiki's special page shows that admins can edit CSS and JS as well, no matter if it's on another user or sitewide, however (I'd guess) being a sysop here would be a big responsibility, while being a sysop I could block vandals and protect pages when vandalism is persistent, I would have to handle a lot of requests, so being a interface-admin would suffice, can I be?, thanks No se (talk) 21:48, 9 August 2023 (UTC)
- Being a sysop really isn't much on here at the moment as the pool of requests specific to meta is dry and my only role is to supplement in building documentation and reacting if say, there is vandalism here. For that reason I think there is no need for dedicated interface admins, or indeed more meta-specific admins, and your request does not express any clear need for this permission.
- Potential contributors can help in one of two ways: directly in technical matters, which means supporting issues on Phorge, bringing viable MediaWiki development skills to the table or making feasible technical suggestions, all of which is currently best run through Agent Isai as CosmicAlpha is not really available right now. The second way is directly contributing to documentation and development of policies. This can be done with no permissions, just collaboration, and would go much farther both in contributing and building your case for permissions than simply holding them for what is currently very minimal use. As you see, it is specific actions done as a proactive user which will help more than holding particular hats at this time, since the only hats we need are hats that cannot be given unless the platform operators know you very well and/or you have built a significant case for yourself on merit.
- Let me know if you had particular suggestions for what to do with the interface. --Raidarr (talk) 09:27, 11 August 2023 (UTC)
- I would like to edit in the Mediawiki namespaces so they show up on the special pages (like Mediawiki:Protectedpagetext and Mediawiki:Sp-contributions-footer) to place links to the same site without having to put them manually, Take a look at this template that I have created, for example, I want it to be displayed in the contributions of any user, also that, when trying to edit a protected page, it shows if the autoconfirmed users or administrators can edit it, etc. No se (talk) 19:31, 12 August 2023 (UTC)