Inaccuracy in latest news section[edit source]
- There should be a cleanup pass in general to this effect, if not a foot on the brakes to take new additions and changes with more scrutiny. --Raidarr (talk) 09:15, 10 June 2023 (UTC)
Please add links in the sidebar to
- Thanks, we'll be rolling out updated versions of those pages shortly and will be adding them to sidebar when done. --NotAracham (talk) 15:59, 16 June 2023 (UTC)
why is Vector-2022 default[edit source]
I know that it's like the normal and generally the mediawiki used by default, but me and several others do not like the skin, and the fixed width is awful. I'm aware it can be changed in Special:Preferences, but as a reflection of how Vector 2022 does not look good for gaming wikis, would we be able to change the default design to vector 2010 at minimal? Bawitdaba (talk) 15:43, 16 June 2023 (UTC)
- We'll take that under advisement, but there aren't plans to change the Metawiki or global starting default just yet.
- Individual wikis are free to do so, however. --NotAracham (talk) 16:01, 16 June 2023 (UTC)
- I am a big fan of Vector-2022, but the notifications dropdown is broken in MW v1.39 and earlier. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T287132 -- Lens0021 (talk) 23:50, 17 June 2023 (UTC)
Is a proposal system going to be set up here? I worry some might try to exploit such a feature to kick out a founder of a wiki over some disagreement they may have, but in such a case I feel an alternative wiki can be made suiting their needs.
Update on WikiTide and wiki requests[edit source]
Cross-posting from Discord announcements...
Thank you all for an eventful and exciting first week of WikiTide! Interest has far exceeded our expectation for what was intended as a soft launch, and, while this is exciting, we're going to be taking a moment to reflect and make sure we're getting some fundamentals right for the long-term stability of the service.
Expect to see some key policy documents coming online, some helpful FAQs for those attempting to onboard, as well as some technical changes on the backend to ensure onboarding doesn't disrupt service for existing wikis.
This will unfortunately mean that new and unresolved wiki requests for WikiTide will be on a brief hold for now, but don't despair -- those who have already placed a request will retain their spot in the queue!
- Okay then. ShawnTehLogoBoi (talk) 19:50, 17 June 2023 (UTC)
- Given the seriousness of the announcement I would recommend a sitenotice directing to this as well. --Raidarr (talk) 21:27, 17 June 2023 (UTC)
- To close out this post, request processing was resumed on June 21. --NotAracham (talk) 16:50, 26 June 2023 (UTC)
- まだ日本語用にマークアップされてないからしばらくはサブページに勝手に日本語用ページを立てるしかないですね。 Funa-enpitu (talk) 22:27, 6 July 2023 (UTC)
- 立てました→WikiTide/ja Funa-enpitu (talk) 09:32, 7 July 2023 (UTC)
- Thanks for the report, did a proof-pass and caught one other typo as well. :)
- --NotAracham (talk) 15:14, 27 September 2023 (UTC)
L10n problems[edit source]
- Colon-separator: Halfwidth with trailing whitespace vs. fullwidth with no whitespace (exception for whitespace: URL)
- Sentence-separator: Whitespace vs. no whitespace
-- 188.8.131.52 02:44, 10 November 2023 (UTC)